Currently, we are seeking an experienced Cook with an outstanding knowledge of cooking techniques and an eye for creativity in the banquet and fine-dining niche. Our ideal candidate is positive, reliable, creative, calm under pressure and a team player who is able to juggle multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
To be considered for this position, candidate MUST have:
– At least 2 years of related experience in a high-volume fine dining establishment.
– Be able to perform the listed essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per BEO.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check BEO for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
- Plate the food, applying creativity to plate presentation with concentration on eye appeal.
- Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.